It’s been a while since we posted an update here, but that doesn’t mean we haven’t been working. Demo time has arrived! In fact, since we last checked in, this happened….
As you can see, at this point it has pretty much turned into a total gut. We were expecting most of this, but there have a been a few surprises that forced us into having to demo a bit more than we originally anticipated.
For now, here is a list of things that are no more.
- Bathroom – Both are completely gone, including the sub-floor thanks to some rot. (Only one person fell through, so we will call that a win.)
- Kitchen – Down to the studs, but we saved the cabinets for use in the garage. We are also reusing a couple of the appliances, so those are sticking around too.
- Walls in the front porch, living room, dining room and back bedroom – Down to the studs. We thought we would be able to keep the original plaster walls in the living room and the dining room, but due to some necessary structural reinforcement to support the second story it didn’t work out. (Check out our Instagram for a picture of the gangplank motif happening in the front porch.)
- Ceilings – Again, because of space needed for the new floor trusses for the second floor, the ceilings had to go.
- A huge squirrel’s nest and a big pile of guano – Both of these were hidden in the walls, so it was probably a good thing they were exposed.
Thanks to dads, uncles, brothers, cousins, and friends for all their help so far. We couldn’t do any of this without you!!
After all that, this happened…..